Thursday 10 January 2013

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star...


 
Transforming Star in "star" form.


Transforming Star mid transformation.

Transforming Star fully transformed.  I call this the "frisbee" form.
This simple but impressive modular origami is composed of 8 individual, easy-to-fold pieces.  I recommend sturdy paper, as the sliding action during transformations requires that the paper be able stand up to the friction.  Next time, I would try using solid, alternating colors for the pieces, perhaps in a shiny texture to symbolize the star.  I think red and gold would be especially spectacular!  I have even seen others using green paper to create wreath-like ornaments for the holidays (leave the transforming star partially transformed to create this effect).  Such an easy and versatile piece!

If you would like to try this piece for yourself, here is a link to the step-by-step instructions:
Transforming Origami Star Instructions

No comments:

Post a Comment